Saturday, June 20, 2009

to my mother with love

Visits to the clinic
Assaults on the store
A million tiny chores
In a single afternoon

Even the scrounging
of pimples

I actually miss it...

You where closer,
Closer than anyone else
Even closer
Than my closest friends

I told you
All my stories
With a smile
And a laugh

My insecurities as well
... you didn't even flinch

I even said it once:
"Your my best friend"

With a raised brow
You simply replied
"Honey, that's sad"

ha ha
I know
But that doesn't make it
Any less true

You where my mother

From day one I trusted you

Is it really that weird?

All that time we spent together

Your secretary,
Your Chauffeur,
Handyman,
Go-For,
All of the above,
That was me

And I'd do it again
In a heartbeat

If you would only ask..

...But today is important
As I remember what you where,
and are,
I recall the love,
respect,
and belief
that you had for me
... yet ignored in myself

Today is important
Because from now on
I live for you

I love myself
Respect Myself
Believe in myself
For you

And I will not
Waste myself again

I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment