Friday, June 19, 2009

Child of the dreamscape

When the night comes 'round
I know I'll see you there

Hero by word,
creature by essence,
your powers inspire and frighten

Yet you stand your ground
with indifference
Doing things
the way you always have

child of the dreamscape,
What is your purpose?

You come to me in so many unusual ways:

Ghastlty prophetic visions
that were never to be,
Tantalizing images
of a world unknown,

You gaze at me with your melanchoy eyes
and say "you know nothing"

My family says you are a mirror;
somthing that reflects me
and the world as I see it

My friends say you are a messenger
some one who warns me
of the troubles in a distant time

But you are somthing more
I can feel it in my bones
I can see it in the way you look at me
when I don't understand
I can hear it when the sounds in the background
begin to wane into thier distoredt melody

Yet, your meaning is lost
vanished somwhere between
the light and shadow of my mind

I look to catch the meaning
finding it just in time to awaken

And as I prepare myself for the new day
I long to return to the dreamscape
so that you can tell me
the meaning of your existance

...and mine as well

No comments:

Post a Comment